FN28014 Sr. Procurement Analyst 1.docx Strate gic Sourcing Manager - Technology
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
This role requires strong partnership with the business to strategically manage spend for the assigned categories. The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager will develop category-sourcing strategy and lead cross-functional teams to execute the sourcing and supplier management strategy for their assigned categories.
This position requires seasoned experience with Strategic Sourcing methodologies related to indirect procurement commodities by performing market and spend analysis and then working with the business to build a category roadmap, perform sourcing activities, leading contract negotiations and award to supplier, and then utilizing scorecards and quarterly business reviews to monitor supplier performance.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for negotiating and administering of pricing agreements, service contracts. The applicant must display the characteristics create and review analysis reports, strongly represent the Strategic Sourcing department in company meetings, interact with other departments, effectively lead negotiations and work efficiently handling multiple responsibilities. Ultimately, the Strategic Sourcing Manager should manage and be the procurement expert in his/her commodity area and assist the manager with company-wide sourcing strategy and decisions. Responsibilities
- Ability to manage preferred supplier relationships, monitoring performance and analyzing category spend, and ability to connect with business leaders in an effort to define and strategically leverage spending to include proactive focus on major spend initiatives.
- Strategize with the BU stakeholders to identify and proactively focus on major spend initiatives or opportunities to drive optimal cost savings.
- Lead regular category meetings with the BU to discuss current and future projects while focusing speed of execution.
- Propose and drive opportunities for optimal cost savings through analysis of current spend and external category analysis and benchmarking.
- Lead or facilitate the supplier selection, Request for Proposal (RFP) projects and negotiation process to deliver agreements that include excellent long-term pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, effective remedies for non-performance, mechanisms for monitoring performance/remedies, etc.
- Facilitate the development of programs to control and automate appropriate categories.
- Manage the assigned supplier base through supplier scorecards and quarterly business reviews.
- Partner with Legal team to ensure negotiations result in optimal terms.
- Work with internal staff and other departments as a team player to achieve desired goals.
- Effectively communicate the mission of Strategic Sourcing and educate internal stakeholders: must be able to understand and interpret the difference between what stakeholder asks for, what they actually need, and what contracts/buying arrangement may already exist to serve those needs
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; ideal candidate will manage commodity area from high-level definition of pricing strategy to the management of purchase orders.
- 7+years experience in purchasing related background.
- 5+ years experience in managing multiple commodity areas and effectively procuring goods/services in a fast paced work environment is required.
• BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management or other related field.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) a plus.
• Expertise in technology categories and contracts, terms and negotiation
• Knowledgeable in the competitive bidding and pricing
• Knowledgeable in ERP Systems, Oracle 12 preferred
• Experience with report writing tools, OBIEE preferred
• Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley
• Independent Judgment and Initiative
• Confidence in dealing with other departments, outside representatives and upper management
• Expertise in Project Management
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication, analytical, leadership and negotiating skills
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.