A Strategic Sourcing Plan Manager job in Houston, Texas is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. You must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Automation Technology and Ten plus years in advanced network and controls engineering, or automation technology. You will define, manage, implement, and optimize an appropriate sourcing strategy for assigned Sourcing networking, automation, controls, Engineering or sourcing Satellite, VOIP, or TLE systems,leading remote and global category teams. Also manage cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative supply strategies, end to end contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement operations. Serve as the primary interface between suppliers and client's operational, supply chain and engineering/operational teams. Work as the primary change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in the category supply base. 30% Travel domestic and international, as needed.
Strategic Sourcing Plan Manager job responsibilities include:
• Create, implement and manage a Strategic Sourcing Plan for the assigned Purchasing Categories
• Collaborate with stakeholders to develop supplier and commodity plans which support projects and service lines in the creation of added value to the company.
• Lead contract strategies, negotiations and supplier selection for assigned commodities and services with intent to create a win-win situation for OII and supplier.
• Regularly review category strategies and enhance effectiveness of existing strategies and/or develop new strategies in response to evolving market factors and requirements
• Collect, segment, prioritize and evaluate key category/supplier data; acting upon supply conditions that influence total cost of ownership or place company operations at risk
• Develop effective cost reduction models for key suppliers with risk profiles
• Understand OII Product Roadmaps, communicate to suppliers and capitalize on supplier product development activities.
• Collaborate with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities and leverage technology innovations from the supply base. Facilitate technical meetings as appropriate.
• Work with operational, project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products/services which satisfy all requirements.
• Continually monitor supplier performance; utilizing operational team resources to mitigate any issues and meet specified performance targets.
• Direct and manage supplier performance improvement initiatives; implement gap closure plans, action plans and service level agreements where necessary.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Automation Technology
• 10+ years in advanced network and controls engineering, or automation technology
• Familiarity with automation systems including device hardware, PLCs, SCADA
• Full line of voice, video, data and wireless network systems, Sourcing networking, automation, controls, and robotic equipment,
Engineering or sourcing Satellite, VOIP, or TLE systems,Leading remote and global category teams
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar software
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
If you are interested in this Strategic Sourcing Plan Manager job in Houston,Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361or by email at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.