Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Strategic Sourcing Specialist in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Strategic Sourcing Specialist working on the Supply Operations team, you will be empowered to use your sourcing expertise and supplier relationship management skills, and a typical day will include:
- Managing sourcing activities for various business areas including Engineering, Facilities, and Manufacturing as well as supporting other internal customers and business units as needed.
- S upplier relationship management in respective area of responsibility; analyze risks and set-up risk mitigation plan, set up continuous improvement programs with suppliers where relevant.
- Ensuring the acquisition of high quality goods and services at fair market price points by negotiation and managing of contracts and scopes of works for selected suppliers.
- Ensuring increased efficiency in the procurement process and identify opportunities for operational improvements.
Qualifications: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Lead sourcing process in alignment with the US and Global Purchasing guidelines
- Engage with internal customers to understand their business context, define purchasing needs and build the portfolio of purchasing projects to be delivered by order of priority
- Develop a procurement strategy by leveraging the supplier markets and delivering added value throughout the organization
- Have a goal of business partnering, with the strategic and operational levels ensuring a deep collaborative and innovative relationship with internal customers and suppliers
- Prepare purchasing project and define objectives, resources, timelines, specifications, supplier selection criteria.
- Carry out supplier relationship management in respective area of responsibility, analyze risks and set-up risk mitigation plan, set up continuous improvement programs with suppliers where relevant
- Lead request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) process as well as Negotiate commercial terms and conditions for contracts and scope of work by identifying market data and commodity influences for effective negotiations.
- Participate in audits (if needed) and select final suppliers
- Deliver excellence in sourcing activities, including post-contract evaluations, KPI and SLA development and tracking, risk management, and supplier relationship management (SRM). Mitigate risk.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new contracts, policies and processes.
SKILLS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or closely related field and 3+ years of relevant Sourcing & Procurement experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry required.
- Solid knowledge and experience in purchasing principles. Purchasing certificates preferred.
- Preparing & implementing policies, systems & procedures.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multi-project and multi-product manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and team building skills.
- General knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- Self-starter, team player, effective leader and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. ERP system knowledge.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around the cGMP manufacturing facility.
- May occasionally work in a clean room environment and wear special garments and personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Some travel may be required less than 20%
Empowering Our People to Shine takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.