Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Construction Contracts
Develop, negotiate, implement and maintain competitively advantageous sourcing strategies and construction contract services arrangement to enable world class execution for the construction of industrial gas plants. The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in, Engineering or Construction area, with experience in managing construction contracts, candidates experienced in project execution or construction management will be considered.
The High Performance Global construction subcontracts sourcing team is primarily responsible for all strategic sourcing activities for construction for new plants built by Air Products worldwide. As such, Strategic Sourcing Specialist are responsible for developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply strategies and contract arrangements to improve Air Products' competitiveness and enable world-class projects execution.
This position is responsible for implementing new approaches and strategies to improve our product offering and project execution costs in Americas region.
He/she will be expected to understand and challenge technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost reduction initiatives. He/she will understand and promote current best-in-class sourcing strategies and methodologies across the industry. Strong sourcing, organizational, written, and negotiating skills are required.
The candidate must possess both excellent analytical and leadership skills. He/she will need to have the knowledge, experience, and ability to employ the appropriate influence strategies with engineering teams, sourcing teams, and business stakeholders to meet established goals and objectives. Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information, across cultures and organizations is a key success factor. The individual will be expected to take ownership for preparing, modifying and leading commercial negotiations of construction contracts..
The individual will be responsible for conducting sourcing events and managing contracts for his/her area of responsibility. He/she will have full knowledge of implementing The Air Products Way including all e-enabled technologies and experience in SAP contracting process is preferred.
Travel will be required for this position both short & long business trips of 1 or 2 weeks periodically throughout the year. Overall travel is expected to be 50%.
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals.
- Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
- Identify and qualify new construction contractors meeting Air Products requirements.
- Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools (Ariba / Qlickview) to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
- Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead Construction sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
- Develop and negotiate frame work engineering agreements to support Air Products competitive offering.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
- Manage contractor relationships and maintain interface at senior level within contractors' organizations.
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
- Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
- Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
- Financial and Business acumen
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is plus. Masters of Business Administration degree is a plus.
- 8 years of work experience in an industrial environment, preferably experienced in executing and managing construction contracts or project execution or construction management.
- Thorough understanding of Air Products offering and markets.
- Thorough understanding of assigned categories and related market
- Thorough understanding and prior experience in contracts and contractual language.
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must. Second language is a plus.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #22111BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.