The primary purpose of this role is to participate in the development of the strategic sourcing strategy as well as execution of the sourcing process. This includes responsibility for inputting the detail project plans that relate to the sourcing process and acting as a liaison between the suppliers and the business on executing sourcing plans. This role develops the SOW based off of the needs of the business and negotiates with vendors to obtain the best overall value from the supply market.
• Executes all phases of the strategic sourcing process (Plan, Execute & Support) to ensure standard methodologies
standards and quality standards are met
• Develops relationships with cross-functional teams including finance and legal to ensure that all engagements remain
compliant with company regulations
• Delivers full project updates at key project milestones to that ensure that the Category Manager is fully aware of the
• Leads or facilitates a cross functional team through sourcing activities to accomplish meeting objectives
• Develops facilitation and presentation materials that are clear and effective to clearly communicate engagement
objectives and expectations to vendors and cross-functional stakeholders
• Assigns tasks and ensures their timely and accurate completion
• Maintains project level reporting and inputs in Procurement's central reporting system
• Develops an effective negotiating strategy that is approved by the manager and obtains the best overall value from the
• Supports the Category Manager in the development of category strategies and approaches that are aligned to their
business customer and responsible for the execution of those strategies.
• Manages key customer relationships within a sub-category of spend to ensure on-going alignment to customer and
• Manages $50M - $100M to drive cost savings and efficiencies across the category
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field and 4 years of experience in a Procurement or business related role OR 7 years of experience in a Procurement or business related role without a degree
• Experience including designing RFPs and other sourcing tools
• Experience with MS Project or other Project Management software
• Experience with E-Procurement tools
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.