Strategic Supplier Partner-1
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: June 01, 2017
Reference ID: 841659189
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Company expert in Supplier Management and Procurement. Serves as a consultant to top management in significant matters relating to key supplier performance. Identifies industry trends, capacity restraints and alternative resources. Serves as a technical resource to both supply base and programs. Provides technical leadership on developing and implementing critical strategic supplier and commodity activities. Lead strategic negotiations to align with the Panasonic business plan, commercial terms and best practices.
Provide Counsel to Key Stakeholders
• Protect the company's competitive cost position by developing procurement plans; determining appropriate contract types, evaluating supplier proposals; negotiating price, schedules, and terms with qualified suppliers; and committing the company to contractual agreements with subcontractors.
• Guide and influence major procurement decision making by analyzing industry data, capacity, trends, costs, and market environment.
• Investigate new products, product changes and innovations, and quality manufacturing improvements by coordinating with appropriate organizations and suppliers
• Manage delivery and have a clear understanding of the Strategic Supplier Capacity and Capabilities.
• Improve supplier performance by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts with customers and suppliers.
• Build supplier partnerships in support of new product development
• Manage overall program/project risk of assigned programs and present program status at program reviews to Senior Management.
Strategic Supplier Management & Leadership Activities
• Assume a leadership role by guiding and instructing less experienced personnel in the resolution of problems related to specifications, requirements, product quality, and delivery schedules as well as other criteria.
• Improve internal visibility by analyzing supplier progress, identifying problem areas, initiating corrective actions, and follow-up activities to ensure compliance.
• Maintain integrity of contractual agreements by knowledgeable application and incorporation of special terms and conditions into individual contract types.
• Assure effective management of subcontract efforts by leading and coordinating activities of other disciplines as required and demonstrating advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
• Contribute to the organization's overall effectiveness by serving as team leader and managing the total procurement effort for assigned Strategic Suppliers; including directing such tasks as PO placement, supplier expedite inquiries, invoice reconciliation and other administrative tasks required to support the Supplier Management.
• Possess strong cross organizational leadership skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite of software applications.
• Must be able to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with Suppliers, Executive Management, etc.
• Works independently on complex business issues requiring development of solution. Interprets policies, procedures and practices and is responsible for enforcing policies internally as well in Subcontractor relationships.
• Responsible for managing programs which are of moderate risk or complexity or portions of larger programs.
• Prefer a 4-year or advanced college degree or equivalent experience in Purchasing and/or business fields. Professional Certification (ex. CPMu2026) desired.
• 15+ years of experience demonstrating proficiency in a broad range of functional assignments.
• Experience in IFE or avionics preferred.
• International and domestic travel required, up to 20 percent.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700250