What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is currently seeking highly motivated candidates that have broad experience to join the Emerging Technology Incubation and Innovation team. In this exciting new position, as part of the fast paced Digital Technology Ecosystems team, you will play an integral role establishing and nurturing external engagements with various industry partners and stakeholders, including top entrepreneurs, research labs, start-ups, inventors/disruptors, product/service companies, academic/government institutions, and VCs.
- Analyze and discover new insights that will translate into emerging products and services that will delight Verizon customers and capture developers’ mindset. Identify high value opportunities and gaps within.
- Research and keep abreast of current state of the art and future technology trends, primarily within the evolving mobile ecosystem/value chain, key players within segments and current/emerging business models
- Map out market dynamics and competitive landscape in various technology sectors.
- Develop use cases that will take advantage of future 5G networks to complement/supplement or create brand new revenues streams for Verizon
- Identify and establish strategic relationships with potential partners such as technology companies, developers, research labs, accelerators, incubators, etc. Contribute to devising technology sourcing strategies from external channels by attracting and incenting more partners to grow our network
- Propose/Define technical projects based on our roadmap and their associated deliveries/milestones collaboratively with our partners
- Structure, negotiate, and execute partnership programs via contracts and SoWs
- Manage or help/coordinate technical projects in a meticulous and disciplined fashion to track progress and to ensure goals are achieved. During project execution, provide technology oversight, direction and steering to maximize project output and technical resource efficiency
- Work with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders/customers to ensure relationships with partners are nurtured and in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives
- Proactively develop/manage an opportunity pipeline, perform KPI based project management, and maintain evaluation processes
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Even better if you have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Communications Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field. MS/PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in research or commercial product development, higher layers of technology stack and software focus is desired.
- Extremely strong and very diverse technology experience, spanning most layers of the stack, from “Silicon to Device” to “Cloud to User” interface.
- Background in more than one of the following technologies such as AR/VR, Autonomous Driving, V2X, 5G, Immersive Media, Robotics, UAV, Security, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- 3+ years in business development or MBA preferable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project and portfolio management experience is preferred.
- Extensive network in the technology, VC, Private Equity and Investment Banking community.
- Rapid learner and go-getter who thrives in an ambiguous environment and works with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in external open innovation and startup world is desired.
- Past track record as an entrepreneur is highly valued.
- Strategic thinking, data mining and analysis skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.