Dell Information Technology is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000 across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
Strategic Vendor Relationship Manager - Round Rock, TX
As part of the Office of the CIO, the Dell Vendor Management Office (VMO) owns the technology vendor relationships necessary to deliver on technology and business objectives.
The VMO has a position open for a Strategic Vendor Relationship Manager. This role is responsible for working with Dell’s 15 tier 1 strategic vendors to plan, advise and manage their engagement with the Dell IT organization and will report to the Senior Director of the Vendor Management Office. Engagement management includes prioritizing, establishing and facilitating executive relationships, establishing meetings and facilitating the preparation and content development for key executive engagements (QBR’s, Ops Reviews, Executive Briefings). The role will be responsible for understanding priorities of the CIO and executive leader team, the relationship with each strategic vendor and be an advisor and facilitator to manage and progress the relationship and strategic value of each vendor partner. Role will also be responsible for capturing key actions and decisions from meetings, assigning owners and oversee follow-up along with leading bi-annual process for preparing internal ratings for each strategic vendor.
- Identifies leaders and facilitates the setup of relationships between strategic vendors and internal IT executives, advising on wider organization priorities, opportunities in relationship and creating a cohesive plan and strategy for vendor engagement across IT
-Establishes a full engagement plan to include CIO briefings and reviews, QBR’s, Ops Reviews, training and other key IT planning meetings encompassing 15 tier 1 strategic vendors
-Executes against the engagement plan to include establishing cross-organization meetings with IT and vendor executives, works with leaders to identify meeting goals, supporting agenda and leads preparation sessions to ensure readiness of content and topics for meetings
-Defines, creates and maintains current Tier 1 vendor summaries that include the full IT relationship including strategies and current activities, contracts, financial and business commitments or terms, product usage in environment and wider Dell relationship including vendors as Dell customers and Go-To-Market partners
-Communicates and works with vendors to ensure goals of meeting are met with appropriate attendees and content for meeting; coordinates content development to ensure completion for meeting and targets Dell expectations for meeting
-Works with vendors to and IT portfolio managers to understand where vendor technology is being considered to ensure strategic vendors are obtaining access to key portfolio awards; tracks vendor proof of concepts and pilots to provide executive final review of opportunities
-Participates in executive meetings with vendors to capture key decisions and actions to create follow-up plan that is provided to executive sponsors and stakeholders. Tracks progress against the plan and reports progress
-Semi-annually leads the internal scorecard rating of strategic vendor across broad organization, summarizes and captures all input to provide feedback to executives and vendors
- 8 years working with large global technology vendors in a partner management, business development or program manager capacity
- Experience in working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confident in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written; ability to comprehend complex issues and summarize in executive ready communications
- Understanding and experience in large IT organization or companies; understands vendor and market landscape of technology and is conversant in technology purchased and used by large IT organizations
- Experienced, motivated and confident in understanding and working broadly in a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness wider relationships and influences
- Strong ability to communicate with IT managers to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- Solid program management capabilities including ability to develop a plan to manage 15 separate vendors with multiple stakeholders, meetings and delivery dates
- Vendor engagement experience, adept at understanding vendor priorities and confident in representing Dell IT leaders perspective and directing vendors activities to meet needs
- Bachelor degree required/ Advanced degree preferred
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Project Management*
**Title:** *Strategic Vendor Relationship Manager*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UL8*