The primary purpose of this role is to support corporate strategic planning efforts by monitoring and synthesizing analysis of critical environmental and business trends, developing business cases to evaluate potential strategic opportunities, monitoring business unit plans to ensure alignment with corporate strategy, and supporting strategic planning processes for Lowe's businesses and shared services functions. This includes responsibility for gathering, analyzing, synthesizing and communicating key insights to strategic decision-makers in support of ongoing development and execution of company strategies, with guidance from the Managers and Director of Strategy & Alignment about policies, principles, and objectives to generate actionable outputs.
• Gathers data and analysis of critical environmental and business trends from various company sources, including Market and Consumer Insights and Enterprise Business Intelligence
• Synthesizes analysis and distribute key insights through regular preparation of reports and presentations in support of strategy and alignment processes for key strategic decision-makers
• Develops templates and utilizes various internal and external information sources to develop strategic business cases in support of evaluation of potential market or business opportunities
• Works with shared service leaders and planning staff to facilitate development and alignment of strategic plans
• Conducts ad hoc industry or economic analysis to support exploration of potential areas of opportunity for or risk to the corporate portfolio
• Collaborates directly with finance, new business development, market and consumer insights, and enterprise business intelligence in order to develop trend insights and financial models
• Meets or exceeds customers' expectations by looking for ways to improve and maintain a seamless experience seamless by understanding how the team goals and daily activities fit into the company vision
• Supports a collaborative environment by working with peers to solve problems and shares information with managers, team members, and customers as appropriate
• Influences others through technical explanations and up-to-date examples, leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives
• Organizes resources and information efficiently to handle competing demands and accomplish what needs to be done according to priorities and deadlines
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or relevant field
• 3+ years of experience in corporate strategy or business consulting or 3+ years of experience in corporate financial management, corporate strategy, investment banking, or business consulting in lieu of a degree
• Intermediate-level knowledge of financial modeling, business case development, and basic strategic frameworks
• Knowledge of macro-economic and industry trend analyses
• Master's Degree MBA
• Bi-lingual skills
• Experience working in a retail environment
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.