At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Strategy and Business Development Manager, for the 3M Health Care Business Group (HCBG), located in Maplewood, MN.
The 3M Health Care Business Group is a global leader offering solutions in the medical care, oral care, pharmaceutical and food segments. Main businesses include Medical Infection Prevention, Critical & Chronic Care Solutions, Health Information Systems, Oral Care, Drug Delivery Systems and Food Safety.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Strategy and Business Development Manager
will support 3M Health Care's growth objectives through engaging with the business group leadership on critical projects and providing internal consulting service to each of the Health Care Business Groups' Divisions. You will work closely with senior leadership to address a variety of domestic and international business situations. Your projects will be focused on Strategic Planning & Portfolio Management, Business Development and Marketing. Responsibilities within each of these disciplines include but are not limited to:Strategic Planning & Portfolio Management
- Contribute to the HCBG planning process through the creation of actionable, fact-based business group strategic plans, as well as support and coordinate division plans
- Assess HCBG portfolio for opportunities to drive growth and value creation through resource allocation/ prioritization, innovation, and M&A opportunities
- Provide HCBG and Division leadership guidance on and strategic implications of market trends and competitive landscape
- Contribute to building and prioritizing the HCBG M&A hopper to support business financial and strategic objectives, and support divisions in hopper assessments
- Identify and assess value of Health Care new business opportunities
- Coordinate M&A activities with Corporate Development, HCBG divisions and 3M New Ventures
- Lead strategic marketing projects including market/ product opportunities, new product commercialization, pricing, competitive assessments, branding, and customer segmentation
- MBA or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience with Strategic Planning, Consulting, Finance, M&A, Business Development, and/or Marketing
- Health Care Industry experience
- Management consulting or investment banking experience
- Experience working with cross-functions
- Executive and board level presentation experience
- Experience with managing external customer relations
- Experience working within a Matrix environment
- Complex problem solving and analysis experience
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: 25% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized within country per 3M policies.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.