Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
The Single Family Strategy and Insights group is a new team at Fannie Mae, working on the highest impact projects to drive change throughout the organization in pursuit of our corporate vision - to be America's Most Valued Housing Partner. As a founding member of the team, you help define our role as we work on foundational strategy issues for the single family business - changing the way we interact with our customers, the market, and each other. With leadership from top-tier strategy consulting and a range of high performing financial institutions, the group provides a strong learning and mentorship environment for those looking to enhance their strategic thinking, consulting, and change management skills. JOB INFORMATION
The Strategy and Insight Analyst's core responsibility is to create impact in the organization by changing how we work. Analysts will build relationships with team leadership and partners across the organization to identify high impact areas for investigation and prioritize the key questions that will inform a recommended course of action. Apply comprehensive knowledge of strategy principles, to synthesize customer research, robust data analytics, business modeling, and competitive / market intelligence, and implement long term business strategy. Working with senior executives on the team and in the business, analysts play an important role in translating those insights into innovative ideas for action and developing the communications to socialize, refine, and gain acceptance of those recommendations, as well as monitor results. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Working under supervision, the analyst will:
- Contribute to full projects / workstreams end-to-end that are critical to our transformation
- Collect and synthesize consumer, marketplace, and competitor trends needed to support analysis from multiple sources
- Participate in brainstorming new processes, products or experiences in concert with owners across various teams
- Leverage a data-driven approach to turn insights from the team into strategic recommendations for the business; Contribute to business cases for new products, policies, and marketing strategies
- Support the design of metrics and measurement programs to define success for an initiative
- Contribute to Executive, Board and Regulator strategic planning and reporting
- Identify and monitor metrics that drive and measure business performance and customer impact
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Management consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy/business analysis experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex, ambiguous, and analytically challenging problems.
- Strong organizational skills and good judgment; must be a team player, positive, flexible, and creative.
- Excellent process management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated change agent, creative thinker and problem solver.
- Experience managing stakeholders at multiple levels - Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication; demonstrated ability to communicate in a structured, precise and compelling manner.
- Comfortable with independently managing work priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Mortgage / financial services industry experience a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Would you like to learn more about FNMA? We are looking to build our network of potentially interested candidates with Strategy and Insights background and invite you to share your information with us. Let us know if you would be interested in working on a high-performing team and making a difference in making homes more accessible. We would like to collect your information and learn more about your background. If there is a potential match, we may contact you and share further information about exploring upcoming opportunities at Fannie Mae. For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress **Please note that this invitation is NOT an active opening/posting. Submitting an application constitutes an expression of interest in future similar active openings at Fannie Mae. A recruiter will review your qualifications and, if an active opening becomes available in the future that meets your skill set, you may be contacted.**