Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Dealer Services team supports one of the nation's leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer community, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
This new position will be a part the Dealer Services Strategy and Analytics Team. The major responsibility for this position will be taking the leadership role in the annual, quarterly and periodic strategic planning processes for Dealer Services, in close partnership with stakeholders including Finance, Credit Risk, LOB management including Operating Committee Members, HR, COR, etc. Other responsibilities will include; facilitating the identification of line-of-business objectives, coordinating business strategic planning activities, and identifying and analyzing business opportunities/initiatives. Also, this team member will be responsible for facilitating strategic conversations across the Wells Fargo enterprise, CL and Dealer Services with specific responsibility and accountability for creating and communicating the Dealer Services story. This will include the creation and presentation of strategic communications within the business, as well as at the highest levels of the enterprise. This team member will serve as an information resource to executive and senior level management
This leader will be responsible for the following:
• Lead the annual, quarterly and periodic planning processes on behalf of the entire business and deliver and refresh the Strategic Plan, Roadmap and Sub-Roadmaps on a periodic basis
• Create, facilitate and manage targeted strategic communications on Dealer Services current state, future state and business evolution, incorporating rigorous financial and competitive analysis, as well as insightful consumer, demographic and market research
• Partner with leadership to execute on corresponding business plans and initiatives.
• Assist with the Dealer Services business line MBO processes and year-end execution
• Care for connecting WFDS strategy and business to other parts of Wells Fargo
The successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of the business, develop a detailed knowledge and stay abreast of all major business initiatives, and be able to expertly communicate across the business and enterprise at all levels of management both verbally, in writing and fully developed executive presentations. In addition, must be able to provide oversight and guidance to his/her senior management partners to ensure business alignment with the overall strategic plans.
Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and operational/functional areas, provide insight into the economic and industry climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the businesses strategic execution/direction.
The successful candidate will work closely with Senior Management across Dealer Services and the Enterprise in the execution of business strategies. Leadership, communication skills, partnering and credibility will be determining factors in the selection. This person will have exceptionally strong thought leadership and analytic skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence leadership across multiple functions. A key differentiator will be the ability to collaborate, understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
• Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
• A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and developing talented and productive staff.
• Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
• Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results.
• Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and a proven ability to be an inspirational leader.
• Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
• Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware.
**Open to other Wells Fargo locations**
Other Desired Qualifications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.