At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. As a Senior Strategy Consultant on the team, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. In your role as a manager, you will also demonstrate leadership by building and sustaining an inclusive culture that values diversity and helping your team understand and be inspired by their connections to the Vision & Values of Wells Fargo. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC): WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
The Business Development Team within Wells Fargo Digital is responsible for cultivating and managing our partnerships and joint ventures with other companies in the digital space, inside and outside of financial services. This team is responsible for developing and driving new digital products that generate new sources of revenue for Wells Fargo, as well as leading a number of critical transformative, strategic programs on behalf of the Enterprise. This team also defines an innovation agenda and manages the Digital Labs, which are important tools in driving Wells Fargo Digital and this team forward.
The Strategy Consultant is an individual contributor role on the Digital Innovation team, serving as a key strategist who will support and accelerate WFVC’s efforts to be a leader in the digital space. The successful candidate is a creative thinker and proactive practitioner with an entrepreneurial mindset who can work at both strategic and tactical levels across the enterprise.
Some of the key roles/responsibilities of the Strategy Consultant will be to:
- Identify the strategic priorities of the Digital Labs team by anticipating customer needs and the potential of the latest technological advances
- Draw the maps and scenarios of the future by understanding future technology, financial services, digital banking, consumer trends and using scenario-building tools
- Leverage external and internal research using primary and secondary sources; identify and verify the most accurate, appropriate sources to form solid point of views based on factual data
- Plan and facilitate meetings with cross enterprise teams in order to execute, coordinate and align people to the strategy across multiple groups
- In addition to conducting research, actively partners with Tech team to understand and communicate the implications and expected evolutions of technology to the organization
- Deliver points of view to inform Lab projects and develop crisp digital banking technology use-cases
- Create storytelling decks and visuals that align the Digital Labs and our partners to a clear vision of the future of digital banking
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of internet, mobile, and tablet technology
- Knowledge and understanding of digital channel systems, processes, and analytic tools
- Experience with digital software product management in the financial services industry
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of product management, development or consulting
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings to reach conclusions, identify tasks, record actions, and achieve results
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Hyper-focused on digital technologies and consumer trends and substantial experience developing and managing complex relationships, preferably proven by at least 4-5 years of experience in a sales/consulting/business development capacity
- Demonstrated experience in creating innovative digital focused solutions and/or partnerships in the FinTech industry
- 8+ years in a strategic planning position: leading internal and external assessments, facilitating long term planning and creating influential business documents for senior management.
- Demonstrated examples of creative problem solving, analyzing of information from disparate sources and delivering comprehensive, balanced & actionable points of view
- Trend and competitive intelligence process leadership, including environmental scans, assimilation, curation and presentation to senior leaders
- Seasoned in developing a customer-centric vision for solving business problems, using analytical business models to understand financial and customer experience implications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.