Corporate Strategy and Development is a team of approximately 15+ professionals who address key strategic questions and pursue partnerships or acquisitions with other companies to accelerate the growth, profitability and capabilities of PepsiCo. The Group serves all of PepsiCo's businesses globally, and works closely across all functions of the company; for this reason positions in the group offer broad exposure to the company and offer the opportunity for rapid learning about the industry and our business.
CS&D is a small, very flat organization with no rigid hierarchy and complete openness and respect among all levels. Our Group is designed to attract and develop high-potential executives to the company; alumni often go on to leadership positions across the company, including most notably the current Chairman & CEO of PepsiCo.
The Corporate Strategy & Business Development group at PepsiCo is one of the most dynamic within the company. The department focuses its efforts on serving the corporation's senior leadership by answering the company's most pressing strategic questions. Towards that end the group spends a fair portion of its time developing the strategy behind Pepsi's new platforms. At this level new platforms will often permeate multiple PepsiCo divisions, and can be associated with a myriad of functional areas, including new product category platforms, new technology platforms, new marketing platforms, etc.
The group reports directly to the President of PepsiCo. The group typically kicks off the year focused on a core of large, overarching strategic programs that tend to last several months. In addition the group will be assigned a series of smaller, ad hoc strategic challenges over the course of the year.
The role of Associate is a critical one for the team. By working both independently on certain projects, and closely with Analysts, Directors and the Vice President of Corporate Strategy on others, Associates are expected to bring a creative and analytical skill set to solving strategic issues for the company.Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Strategy team members on core strategic projects.
- Work independently on smaller, ad hoc strategic projects.
- Assist team leaders in developing a hypothesis driven approach to solving the issue at hand
- Scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers to the problem.
- Understand the required data set to complete the analysis and procure it accordingly.
- Work closely with business and functional leaders from PepsiCo's divisions.
- Deliver and manage the timely, zero-defect execution of analysis.
- Leverage Excel and other quantitative tools for the analytical "heavy lifting".
- Develop a series of action-oriented implementation steps, the results of which will have a meaningful impact on shareholder value.
- Leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise, and defect free slide loop.
- Communicate the implications of the analysis and the execution plan to upper management and divisional leaders clearly.
- We need bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do.
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal ability to work collaboratively within teams.
- Structured, logical & creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- A combination of out of the box thinking and a willingness to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs.
- Analytical rigor: the ability to run highly complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is important for this role.
- Passion for consumers and consumer packaged goods: some amount of consumer packaged goods experience is preferred
- Team player: a consensus building, upbeat team contributor that can function as a manager and a leader
- Powerful communication: the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper. A working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint is important for this role.
Eligible for Standard Relocation