The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for managing and developing their assigned territory. The SAM is charged with building customer and internal relationships to sell strategic solutions into large enterprise accounts leveraging leading channel partners. He/she will work with and lead internal resources to exceed sales quota.
A successful SAM will need to know how to drive end user business while working with account managers as well as field leaders. Key attributes to delivering results include the ability to articulate solution/business value, understanding how to influence complex organization dynamics, and a tenacity to win.
Core responsibilities and functions include:
• Manage sales activities in assigned territory
• Close sales opportunities in the territory
• Expand sales pipeline/funnel by cross selling and up-selling additional solutions
• Construct and execute an effective territory development plan
• Develop relationships with key channel partners including GSIs, VARs, and service providers
• Establish and build relationships with top accounts
• Update opportunities in SFDC, manage pipeline, and accurately forecast revenue
• Coordinate sales activities with other field sales reps and management
• Aggressively promote Symantec and our industry leading security solutions in the marketplace
• 5+ years of successful, progressive experience in the network security HW/SW sales, preferably with experience selling web security and/or advanced malware protection.
• Sustained, verifiable track record of exceeding sales revenue quotas
• Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to communicate complex concepts and technical benefits in business terms to the executive level
• Strong solution value based selling skills, including extensive experience calling on key executives and decision makers in large Enterprise accounts in the local geography
• Technical acumen in the areas of networking and Internet security, end point protection, and cloud data protection
• Self-motivated, independent, and highly driven to succeed and increase revenue
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Some overnight travel required
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.