North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. Position Summary:
Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence that creates an environment of clinical excellence resulting in improved individual and group clinical outcomes. Facilitates individualized, evidence-based, highly effective care to patients and families through coordination/collaboration of the entire healthcare team. Through role modeling, coaching and demonstration, fosters learning for the staff and promotes outcomes-oriented nursing practice. Essential Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Maintains clinical competence as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Coordinates process for facility's stroke program and certification.
- Serves as a role model, consultant and clinical resource to medical, nursing staff, and other health care providers to promote health and reduce illness for specified groups of patients.
- Makes patient rounds daily to integrate essential information in order to prioritize and provide care that maximizes outcomes.
- Evaluates currently used as well as new products and makes appropriate recommendations to enhance patient care.
- Maintains open lines of communication with physicians, nursing, case managers and other healthcare professionals regarding patient/family needs and identifies areas of improvement throughout the hospitalization.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, standards, clinical pathways, order sets, and other resource material.
- Provides educational activities utilizing varied adult teaching-learning principles for specific patient population and their families
- Assists with formal and informal educational activities for nursing staff, based on assessed needs of the staff, new policies and procedures and quality improvement issues to improve patient care.
- Assists in the development, implementation and assessment of quality improvement activities.
- Collaborates with and/or serves as consultant as it pertains to the education of nurses on program development and assists with the evaluation of the program, as well as revises when necessary.
- Rounds with identified physicians as necessary.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Masters degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Five (5) years' experience in clinical specialty (Med/Surg, Neurosurgery preferred). LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
(list required and preferred separately)
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida required
- BLS required; ACLS and Advanced Certification preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom