North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. Position Summary:
Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence that creates an environment of clinical excellence resulting in improved individual and group clinical outcomes. Facilitates individualized, evidence-based, highly effective care to patients and families through coordination/collaboration of the entire healthcare team. Through role modeling, coaching and demonstration, fosters learning for the staff and promotes outcomes-oriented nursing practice. Essential Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Maintains clinical competence as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Coordinates process for facility's stroke program and certification.
- Serves as a role model, consultant and clinical resource to medical, nursing staff, and other health care providers to promote health and reduce illness for specified groups of patients.
- Makes patient rounds daily to integrate essential information in order to prioritize and provide care that maximizes outcomes.
- Evaluates currently used as well as new products and makes appropriate recommendations to enhance patient care.
- Maintains open lines of communication with physicians, nursing, case managers and other healthcare professionals regarding patient/family needs and identifies areas of improvement throughout the hospitalization.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, standards, clinical pathways, order sets, and other resource material.
- Provides educational activities utilizing varied adult teaching-learning principles for specific patient population and their families
- Assists with formal and informal educational activities for nursing staff, based on assessed needs of the staff, new policies and procedures and quality improvement issues to improve patient care.
- Assists in the development, implementation and assessment of quality improvement activities.
- Collaborates with and/or serves as consultant as it pertains to the education of nurses on program development and assists with the evaluation of the program, as well as revises when necessary.
- Rounds with identified physicians as necessary.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Masters degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Five (5) years' experience in clinical specialty (Med/Surg, Neurosurgery preferred). LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
(list required and preferred separately)
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida required
- BLS required; ACLS and Advanced Certification preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus