The ideal candidate offers an established technical skill set in creating and constructing marketing products. The primary role of the Structural Designer will be engineering 2D and 3D products and displays based on renderings from Graphic Designers, input from the Creative Director, or direction based on client-furnished ideas and/or assets. The Structural Designer will work as part of the Creative Services team to ideate and execute in-store marketing campaigns.
About RR Donnelley's Retail Marketing Solutions
- Create and produce products and displays using a variety of materials – and build a knowledge base of those materials and their allowances; understand in-house resources; or, source outside vendors for materials or hardware
- Follow best practices for structure creation, as well as software use and layout design, aided by established, department-created standards and client brand guidelines
- Participate in brainstorming meetings; work autonomously or as part of the Creative Services team to develop ideas; lead pre-production meetings
- Work hand-in-hand with Graphic Designers to aid in the creation of displays and other marketing products to ensure that both external ideas and internal renderings come to life in an innovative, functional form – develop ideas from concept to physical form
- Develop structure, to include cutting and assembling either white and color prototypes—or, when no rendering or mockup is available, sketch and develop concepts
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.