- This role sits within the Structured Trade Finance team within BP's supply and trading business and will help facilitate business growth by partnering with regional credit and origination teams to identify and structure potential transactions.
- In addition to capitalizing on your creativity and structuring skills, you will focus on developing an external network of alternative asset managers to co-invest in commodity-led transactions.
- This role sits within a small global team providing support across a multi-commodity supply and trading organization operating worldwide and will work collaboratively with regional credit and origination teams.
- Provide structuring leadership and/or support on strategic and complex transaction opportunities. Leverage integrated understanding of commercial growth strategies, fundamental credit outlooks, current credit portfolio and available structuring and risk mitigation tools to help develop credit strategies and potential transaction opportunities consistent therewith.
- Assess distribution risk and general marketability. Provide market commentary to current and potential investors and colleagues. Deliver proposals and presentations to current and potential investors. Participate in due diligence. In collaboration with credit and originations underwrite, structure, draft and negotiate the transaction terms, conditions and pricing for new and existing commodity-lead transactions.
- Identify, develop, maintain and leverage an extensive global distribution network of bank and non-bank, investors/lenders. Clearly communicate transaction and transaction-related merits, credit risks and mitigants, as well as negotiate the finance, business and legal considerations associated with multi-participant transactions. Source potential new transaction opportunities from investors and banks and refer to appropriate origination managers for review.
- Help frame and progress credit risk appetite conversations within IST & BP by coupling risk/reward analysis with an understanding of both fundamental credit drivers and credit portfolio dynamics & fit. Develop and/or validate credit exposure and pricing treatment of larger transactions, including those subject to executive level review.
- Provide periodic updates with market color and a current list of recent transactions to executive management, credit and origination teams as needed. Track various risk categories in the commodity and credit space. Keep origination and credit informed of trends and competitive information regarding pricing, covenants, amortization, and other terms to ensure that we remain competitive in our commodity/financing offer.
Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or CFA preferredEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Experience in developing and implementing financing and transaction structures, within a commercial / investment bank, an energy trading enterprise or both
- Deep understanding of fundamental credit drivers - particularly for stressed and distressed counterparties, including an understanding of collateral protections and bankruptcy law dynamics
- Adept at building and maintaining strong, cooperative working relationships across various organizational levels - both internally and with key external partners and counterparties
- Comfortable adapting role and input to needs of situation - structuring lead, structuring support, limited advisory role, etc.
- Self-directed high performer with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated experience with negotiation, execution and syndication of transactions with alternative investors.
- Expertise in financial analysis and cash flow modelling.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Familiarity with credit portfolio management theory and practice and/or secondary credit markets (loans, bonds, CDS)
- Experience with SPVs
- Capital markets experience, particularly with stressed or distressed companies, in any of the following sectors or geographies a plus - Refiners, E&P, Merchant Power, LNG, Asia, Africa, Latin America
- Letter of credit experience, with emerging markets or L/C financings
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Extensive experience in preparing and presenting investment ideas and deep rolodex/extensive relationships with global alternative asset managers.
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST Finance operates in support of IST's strategic objectives, helping it to achieve its aim of being the world's pre-eminent energy trader, in a controlled and compliant way. IST Finance is an integral function within BP's global oil and gas trading and supply activities. It is accountable for short term planning and for all financial and middle office control and reporting activities. It also ensures consistency and monitors compliance in processes and Operating Standards. IST Finance operates around 3 Global processes: Accounting & Reporting, Trade Completion and Product Control and operates seamlessly with the Risk function to support the business.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.Segment
Integrated Supply & TradingClosing Date
[ "21-Oct-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.