GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This individual will be responsible for performing system level heat transfer and flow analysis of heavy duty gas turbine rotating and static structures hardware. This includes designing the cooling circuits to ensure all pertinent temperature and flow targets are met. The individual will also work closely with other cross functional teams to ensure successful program execution. The work scope will vary between all phases of design including testing and field issue resolution.
• Carry out heat transfer and flow design for heavy duty gas turbine rotating and static structures heat transfer activities for CM&U and NPI programs.
• Perform thermal and flow analysis using GE's suite of in-house tools and CFD.
• Ensure designs meet established design practices and methods follow design templates.
• Support gas turbine design from conceptual design through to detailed design.
• Support component and gas turbine testing though planning, test support, and post test data matching.
• Work closely with performance, aerodynamic, mechanical and other cross functional teams to ensure successful program execution.
• Document, report, and review results within team and with customers and leadership.
• M.S degree in relevant Engineering discipline or (Bachelor's Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline with 3 or more years of experience in thermal or fluid systems design)
• This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• At least 1 year of engineering design experience in gas turbine engines
• Strong communication skills.
• Use of Thermal analysis software, Ansys, CFD, and/or flow network software.
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE employees only)
• Demonstrated understanding of heat transfer design methods, gas turbine systems and aerodynamics.
• Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Understanding of internal GE Energy business processes, organizational roles and responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and draft plans to meet them.
• Demonstrated Design for Six Sigma Quality Focus and probabilistic approach to problem solving.
• Positive "can do" attitude.
Locations: United States ; South Carolina; Greenville
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.