This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. This position is responsible for completing assigned projects either individually or as a team as assigned by Department Management. During the assignment, students will learn our business processes and will be given mentoring and instructions that will help them apply theory to real-life issues. Students will also be exposed to a myriad of project-based assignments which will allow them to add value to the company.
Student Co-ops have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of Operations and Engineering (Product, Process, Quality) for Arconic Howmet's manufacturing and customer support efforts. Assist engineers in report preparation, process approval packages, dimensional reports, deviated material reports, etc. Assist manufacturing/engineering with problem resolutions, missing instructions, quality issues, etc. Monitor the production process with the assigned engineer to identify areas for improvements and cost reductions. Review non-conforming materials with the assigned engineer for cause and corrective action.
We look for Student Co-ops with:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Willingness to take initiative to understand the business.
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth.
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Candidates must have completed their Sophomore year of College and maintain a minimum 3.0 overall GPA in the following disciplines:
- Material Science Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Prefer basic computer skills.
- Good Math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Good judgment and ability to communicate with all areas of your assigned department .
- Positive interaction skills when providing feedback to peers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.