Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Job Summary:
The Bama Dining Internship provides 10-20 hours of paid training per week in the strategic, operational and administrative management role in the marketing department. The Graphic Designer Intern will be responsible for new creative pieces and rework or existing pieces. The intern will work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager to offer creative solutions and high-quality work Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Assist in the overall dining image by integrating Aramark and University goals, developing a strategy that is clear, concise and meaningful in all graphic design materials/collateral.
- Visually supports Bama Dining's messaging by assisting the Senior Graphic Designer in design for collateral for various campaigns, inclusive of promotions, social media, advertisement, meal plan sales, etc
- Ensures adherence to graphic standards by understanding and proactively applying graphic guidelines, printing processes and pre-press preparation and following Aramark, University and national brand standards.
- Acts as production manager for execution/actual production of collateral materials, including large scale printing and installation.
- Maintain a professional image
- Complete marketing projects as needed
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
: No direct supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university
- Knowledge in Graphic Design programs such as CC 2017, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Attention to details with print and design mock ups
- Comfortable with large format printing and mounting
- Strong written communication, effective multitasking and ability to take direction
- Flexible availability
- Previous work experience in the area of graphic design
- Business or marketing related major, concentration, or minor
- Marketing office
- Other unit offices
- Campus dining locations
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.