Software Security Developer CoOp
Oracle CGBU Product Security Team is looking for a Software Security Developer CoOp for its Morrisville, NC facility. The candidate will be part of the Shared Security Services team within the Communications Business Unit with the responsibility to help promote CGBU product software security goals primarily through internal security tools development.
As a member of the Product Security Shared Services team the candidate will have daily responsibilities in the area of tools and software services development as part of a larger security development team. This will include full lifecycle development responsibilities including user requirements, design, coding, testing, documentation and deployment.
• Work with other team members to help design, develop, test, and document internal security tools
• Research and recommend use of various technologies as required
• Understand and apply secure coding standards to developed code
• Understand and apply threat modeling techniques to tools and services architectures
• Other duties may be assigned
• Working towards BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Must have experience and competencies in the following:
• A strong interest in topics related to the area of software security and secure design.
• Proficiency in developing on Linux platforms (Red Hat / Oracle Linux desirable).
• Proficiency in Linux administration and common command line tools.
• Knowledge of software development concepts like source code and build management.
• Knowledge of database schema design and SQL statements.
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
• Experience working in a team environment; ability to learn from your peers and accept criticism.
• Self-motivation to drive solutions to completion.
Experience with the following is desirable
• Experience with virtualization technologies such as Oracle VirtualBox, KVM and Xen.
• Experience with Linux containers, especially Docker and Docker technologies.
• Experience with microservices design and development.
• Experience with Git SCM, especially with GitLab.
• Experience with REST based Web interfaces.
• Experience with security and pen testing tools like Nessus, Nmap, netcat, Wireshark, Burp and Metasploit.
• Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS.
• Understanding of software requirements management and development lifecycles.
This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.