Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Essential Functions:
Student Special Event Coordinator will assist in creating and leading Marketing Plans for promotion and execution of various special dining events on University of Kentucky Campus.
- Oversee special event caldendear, from development stage through post-review stage including menus, room decor, promotions, customer service execution, social media campaigns.
- Provides detailed communication and timely follow-through with both the customers and the in-house staff to ensure exact requirements are met and satisfied.
- Disseminates information, on behalf of the marketing department, to all key team-members on the Staff.
- Effectively communicates any special needs or changes with unit manager well in advance of the function.
- Recognizes the importance of meeting deadlines. Available for onsite events.
- Demonstrates, exhibits teamwork, answers inquiries, and performs other administrative functions.
- Performs additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Must be knowledgeable about meal plans and UK Dining locations
• Effectively communicate information from management to customers, students, and parents
• Adheres to all policies/procedures set forth in the employee handbook
• Presents him/herself in a professional manner
Qualifications: • Background and interest in Event Planning, Hospitality, and/or Marketing
• Previous food service experience a plus but not necessary
• Must be able to work independently and with a team
• Must be a good role model with work practices
• Computer knowledge is highly recommended
• Ability to work and communicate with others
• Ability to peer mediate
• Self motivated
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.