Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Position created to address environmental sustainability planning and policy development to enhance partnership and better align with the sustainability initiatives set forth by Mississippi State University. The Sustainability Graduate Intern will assist with designing, promoting and implementing sustainability initiatives and events, as well as manage current sustainability initiatives and programs. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate student at Mississippi State University pursuing a graduate degree in a related field.
- Must be willing to work at least 12 months (one full year), with a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Professional interest and enthusiasm in environmental education, community engagement, leadership, and sustainability.
- Big picture thinking with holistic ideas for student engagement and the over sustainability initiative
- Experience with event planning and meeting facilitation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; high attention to detail
- Organized and efficient worker; ability to keep track of multiple projects and tasks
- Plan, schedule, and execute sustainability initiatives, programs, and events
- • Waste Audit (2 semester)
- • Dining in the Dark Event (1 semester)
- • Farmer Market Events on campus?
- • Implementation of suggested events on .net (Earth Month, etc.)
- • Research ideas from other schools to stay current, competitive, and ahead of the game
- • Responsible for managing all sustainability event tables including scheduling as-needed interns, ensuring engagement, and taking photos for social media (send to Keri to post)
- • Other sustainability programing - decide what other events, sampling, etc. that you want to do this year! Get creative, come up with a plan and pitch it to me!
- Collaborate and partner with Mississippi State University's Sustainability Coordinator and sustainability groups and departments on campus to enhance partnership
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge on MSU sustainability initiatives and ensuring we are doing our part to stay current to ensure we grow with the University in this area
- Identify and define measurements that provide solid data on all sustainability programs' impact, and design a framework of how this data will be collated and processed
- Eco Kit Program - promotion and marketing of, set goals for, and keep track of sales (total sold), pick-up tabling, organizing of, and reordering of when necessary
- Social Media
- • 2-3 posts each week on sustainability initiatives in our dining program
- • Send to Marketing Intern the Monday before the next month starts (content and photo)
- • Ideas include tips on waste reduction, recycling, etc.
- • Photos of all sustainability event tables and promotions
- Focus on recycling, implementing re-useable products, and the possibly implementing the donation of surplus food (building the Block for Block Program) - the top 3 Dining Styles Survey environmental initiatives at MSU
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure signage is clearly established where needed (recycling, waste reduction, etc.)