Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Student Worker Peer to Peer - Part Time Hours/Shifts are subject to change due to business needs Various Shifts Job Summary:
Communicate with both parents and incoming students about the benefits of enrolling in a meal plan and the dining options on campus. Work with a team to reach sales goals for university meal plans. Support the marketing department in maintaining customer satisfaction and retaining meal plan members by following marketing strategies provided for the academic year. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Dining Membership tabling events and activities around campus to educate and sell meal plans.
- Be knowledgeable in the meal plan structure, monetary value, and overall benefits of eating on campus.
- Distribute marketing material and promotional items.
- Present information to customers and answer questions regarding dining services.
- Be a part of a sales team to host events during orientation, move-in weekend, and the first three weeks of the Fall/Spring semester.
- Assist with various other marketing events during key times in the Fall & Spring semester.
- Must be knowledgeable about meal plans, Dining Dollars, and dining locations
- Effectively communicate information from management to customers, students, and parents
- Adheres to all policies/procedures set forth in the student handbook
- Presents him/herself in a professional manner
- Background and interest in Marketing
- Previous food service experience a plus, but not necessary
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Must be a good role model with work practices
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Must attend Mandatory Student Training Sessions offered before work commences
- Be a pro-active team member who actively engages with customers to promote and grow meal plan sales
- Previous knowledge of dining locations and meal plans a plus
Must obtain Food Handler Certificate within 60 days of employment . General Expectations for Peer to Pee r Sales Team Members:
Additional Attributes for Peer to Peer Sales Team Members include, but are not limited to: Independence/Interdependence
- Detail oriented
- Ability to complete assigned tasks
- Able to gain respect in a leadership role
- Protect and uphold the rules and guidelines put forth by Aramark
- Utilize the tools and technology available
- Ability to meet required hours
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be a team leader and team player
- Knows and reacts with appropriate responses to organizational needs
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication with supervisors and team members
- Understands of general functions of dining locations
- Able to prioritize work tasks
- Able to carry out goals/tasks
- Does not allow distractions to prevent the completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Display positive attitude with customers, coworkers and towards work
- Demonstrate good verbal and nonverbal communication
- Be able to know/understand rules/guidelines and accurately assess why they are in place
Appreciation of Differences
- Must be able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Able to apply knowledge in multiple settings
- Ability to work through bad experiences by assessing what caused them, what can be done to repair them, and how to avoid them in the future
- Ability to respond quickly to issues at hand with a resolution
Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Understand and respect the values and beliefs of others
- Treat all customers, peers, and supervisors respectfully and congenially
- Listen to concerns and issues brought forth and deal with them in a timely manner
Qualifications Minimum Education Required: Minimum Experience Required:
- Able to adjust to differing customer/staffing conditions on a day to day basis
- Maintain composure in difficult situations
- Demonstrate willingness to attempt new tasks
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required:
- 6 months Sales and Customer Service Experience, Marketing Major or Sales and Communication Focus, Social Media Marketing & Communication Trends a plus, Computer Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel), Graphic Design Capabilities (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) a plus
- Strong Communication Skills (Verbal & Written), Ability to Problem Solve Quickly, Effective in Multi-Tasking to manage multiple projects and priorities, Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Able to lift, bend, stoop, squat, reach, crouch and kneel.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.