Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn. Responsibilities
As a Studio Operations Intern, you will learn how a television newsroom operates by performing a variety of tasks. The intern will receive hands-on experience regarding various aspects of studio production. Interns will have the ability to handle audio microphones, robotic cameras, servers and setup and breakdown sets and other studio equipment. The intern will also assist in other studio functions such as control room automation, calibration of remote live feeds, audio mixing and switching, and master control responsibilities. The ideal intern will be highly motivated and tech savvy with the ability to communicate well and perform under pressure. Qualifications
- Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved senior status or enrolled in a graduate program.
- We will also consider recent graduates.
- Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure in an on-air environment.
- Should have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and possess time management skills.
- Hiring decisions are based on your major field of study, past work/internship experience, and extracurricular activities. We are looking for candidates who will make the most of this great opportunity.
- Interns are paid a training rate but are not eligible for company medical benefits, holiday pay or sick pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.