J&J Design is searching for a Design Studio Resource Manager. The position is located in New York City.
About J&J Design:
We are the internal design team for Johnson & Johnson. At close to 100 strong, our team works globally, across all our business groups: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and J&J Corporate. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services.
The Studio Resource Manager’s primary responsibility is to place the right people into the right project assignments ensuring superior creative output that delivers on both Johnson & Johnson’s business success and the professional development of our team. This critical role will drive talent utilization across J&J Design Capabilities to deliver on our diverse portfolio. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven, deep understanding for design processes and skill sets, show flexibility in approach, be a great facilitator and collaborator, communicate exceptionally and demonstrate an ability to master and convey details efficiently.
• Understand our business – Bring knowledge of portfolio and project management, design processes, timelines, billing rates, SOWs. Quickly master our specific portfolio and project types, available talent on the teams, external resource options and expectations of different proficiencies of designer, to facilitate the creative process in a matrixed organizational structure. Work seamlessly within our structure to support the Leadership Team and Studio priorities for growth and delivering care-centered design.
• Manage all resource assignments – Work closely with PMO, Managers and groups across J&J to monitor creative deliverables, milestone schedules and project needs to coordinate resources, enabling the team deliver high quality work efficiently.
• Administer the system – Maintain primary responsibility for the inputs, maintenance and accuracy of the studio management system. Engage with supplier to incorporate critical features and develop competencies.
• Communicate with data, visuals and words – Structure, manage and successfully facilitate weekly resource status meetings in partnership with our PMO to review new and upcoming projects, scope changes, new project schedules and deadlines, and develop resourcing data to project staffing requirements. Maintain on-the-spot information and visual communications for updates to the Leadership Team.
• Plan ahead – Provide insight and input into the capacity planning process; share scenario plans and implications; enforce compliance with internal systems for productivity and accuracy in reporting.
• Manage workloads and forecasting – Provide data-driven visual staffing information, schedules and utilization reports to reflect our resourcing status; actively manage the balance of workloads and scheduling conflicts and mobilize external resources appropriately.
• Facilitate external resources – Partner with managers across all of our design capabilities (10+)
to screen pre-approved freelancers or agencies for project requirements and availability to determine interest/suitability; engage resources only in accordance with the business priorities and funding.
• Nurture our talented team – Develop relationships to build and maintain database and resourcing profiles of all employees’ background, project experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as their personal, technical and career development goals.
• Champion our care-centered culture – Positively impact relationships both within the studio as well as with our Enterprise partners by supporting transparency, accountability and solid business practices.
• Proactively lead – Lead by example to help our team thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 years of professional experience required, preferably in agency or equivalent environment. Process improvement mindset and experience with resource management tools strongly preferred.
Strong organizational, time management, visual, written, and oral communication skills are also required. Role requires a proven ability to build trust, lead and influence teams and individuals to work through challenges and deliver results. Must demonstrate strong business and personal ethics. Ideal candidate is a high energy, tech-savvy early adopter; thoughtful, humble and adaptable.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
United States-New York-New YorkOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Creative DesignRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.