The purpose of this position is to provide exceptional customer service to our Pet Parents by performing bath and brush services, checking pets in and out for grooming services, helping maintain a clean salon, and by providing a welcoming and safe environment for pets, Pet Parents and associates in our salon.Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promotes PetSmart's vision, mission, values, and strategy.
- Provides exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Performs Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents.
- Independently performs full menu of bath and brush services and standalone services, such as nail trims, teeth brushing, and sanitary services in accordance with PetSmart's bathing standards and procedures; shares additional solutions with Pet Parents based on pet's needs.
- Promotes opportunities to grow salon sales to help achieve sales targets and productivity, and any other relevant store metrics.
- Performs check in and out procedures for grooming appointments, including applicable paperwork and rebooking; answers phones and schedules grooming appointments, as well as conducts appointment reminder calls; maintains client records and receipts; aids Pet Parents on services offered in the salon.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness, sanitation, and humane conditions for all pets in the grooming area, by performing maintenance throughout the day including end of day cleaning in accordance with the maintenance checklist.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Operates fax and copy machines, answers phone calls, and responds to Pet Parents' questions.
- Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community promote the brand.
- May clean and maintain store area, coffee bar (if applicable) and register area; may clean display cases, shelves, aisles, Oops stations, self-service dog wash and restrooms.
- May operate cash register system, bag merchandise, collect payments and process various media
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to a wet environment with an abundance of pet hair, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is moderate in the work environment; however associates may be exposed to high levels of noise at times. Exposure to live animals and their handling is common.
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.