Sub Product Marketing Manager | US Marketing & Operations
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Posted: March 27, 2017
Reference ID: 1028064
Subsidiary PMM Role in the US Office M&O team
We are looking for strong strategic marketer to drive the Office 365 and related on-premises businesses in the EPG segment in the US. If you love developing and executing marketing strategies and partnering with our field to drive share, and if you have a strong passion for the cloud services businesses, then please read on.
Role Scope: The Office product team in the US M&O is responsible for the business strategy and integrated marketing plans for the Office business. This team is looking for an experienced and driven marketing professional to build and lead the Office business strategy and marketing plans for the EPG Segment: to grow Office revenue, to drive the growth of Office 365 Cloud services, and to drive the E5 sales and marketing motion to our EPG customers. This Senior Product Marketing Manager will act as the business owner of the EPG segment within the US. This is a highly visible role that owns the Go-To-Market strategy and execution for the Office business within US EPG.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Own the all-up EPG business strategy and Go-To-market plan for attaining Office revenue and scorecard targets.
- Own the quarterly development, management and tracking of the EPG Office Priority Plan, working with stakeholders across the M&O and the field to identify the sales and marketing strategy to achieve our goals and to plan the tactics and spend.
- Manage a $2M annual marketing budget and additional investments for program spend.
Field/Sales Engagement: Be the primary point of contact for the EPG STU Managers and Sales specialist teams. Provide the right product/messaging readiness and sales guidance, and solicit feedback on areas of improvement. Identify and quantify growth opportunities in EPG and develop sales guidance and marketing programs that help capitalize on the opportunities. Develop and execute programs that will support the sales team in accelerating sales, with focus on moving customers to the Cloud (Dark to Cloud) and in driving our advanced workloads (E5).
Marketing execution: Collaborate with the segment marketing and CMO teams to develop and land the right mix of marketing programs and activities to help achieve growth targets. Own the Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning for EPG Accounts to inform marketing execution and ensure high ROI of targeted efforts. Analyzing backward looking business performance in the EPG segment for revenue across Office 365, E5, and on prem Office products. Develop and maintain strong connection with WW ASM team and counterparts in other subsidiaries to share insights and best practices on growing the cloud services business. Consistently track performance and key business blockers, and build recommendations to resolve blockers.
- 7+ years of experience in Enterprise or Office marketing with a track record of delivering tangible business results.
- Ability to view a business holistically end-to-end across Marketing and Sales. P
- Proven ability to influence without authority, collaborate effectively, and lead virtual teams
- A passion for technology and the ability to clearly articulate solutions in a business and customer-centric manner; knowledge of Office Value proposition and business preferred.
- Exceptionally strong communication & interpersonal skills; experience presenting to senior leaders.
- Ability to handle and thrive in ambiguous business situations.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze business performance, identify market opportunity and develop useful insights from data.
This role is based in the Redmond/Bellevue WA area and will require some domestic travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.