Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
This position supports the United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) Sensors Integrated Systems (SIS) Supply Chain Organization located in Cheshire, CT to deliver effective supply chain management support to the business development process. This individual will support the Simmonds & Atlantic Inertial Systems (S&AIS) business area through the development and implementation of Subcontracts. This position will be the primary contact for the cognizant Business Development and Product Line Manages to support pre-award supply chain activity within the product line. The individual will collaborate with Business Development to characterize the pursuit pipeline, identify opportunities, develop Supply Chain resource plans in support of the long range goals of the organization, develop strategic supply chain solution sets, develop strategic sourcing plans and capabilities that serve to differentiate IIS from its competition, coordinate with Supply Chain Leadership and functional leads to ensure resource availability and establish transition planning procedures to ensure mission success.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading Supply Chain (SC) efforts on key pursuits, including strategic sourcing and teaming strategies, negotiation and execution of teaming agreements, small business plans, strategies for material and services, pricing and costing of labor BOEs and outsourced materials and services, material program and subcontract management plans, and bidding/managing supply chain labor
- Working closely with Program Management, Engineering, Procurement Agents, Finance, Contracts, and Business Development to ensure successful integration and support of proposal efforts, contract execution, and supplier management initiatives.
- Developing SC strategies in support of major programs and proposals, in cooperation with Program Management, Business Development, Engineering and other functions. Providing selling/marketing support for pursuits by providing supply chain subject matter expertise
- Assisting with RFI response content development; providing support to BD in response to customer RFI by developing appropriate response to specific requests for information.
- Delivering SC subject matter expertise in response to customer-focused marketing solution development and representing the SC function in passport and color teams.
- Participating in pursuit win strategy sessions as the primary SC functional advisor
Providing strategic advice to the pursuit capture team for Make/Self-Perform versus Buy decision making. Managing the transition to SC functional Core Services execution after program start-up
Managing the pursuit pipeline to plan and allocate the necessary SC functional resources to develop winning proposals on time and within budget
- Support leadership related to Supplier Management strategy, improvement in contracting processes, and resolving issues that may arise.
- Identify and participate in business and costs savings initiatives and business improvement activities.
- Develop Strategic Sourcing Plans Including Teaming and Strategic Work Placement
- Understanding of Federal and DoD Acquisition policies, processes, and procedures to include FAR, DFAR, and/or other Federal government agency specific acquisition regulations
- Understanding of strategic sourcing processes.
• BA/BS degree in a business, supply chain, technical or related field required, MBA highly desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .