GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sub-Regional Product Strategy Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Sub-Regional Product Strategy Leader partners with the Regional Commercial Team to set targets and own the regional product / services strategy through its lifecycle. The Sub-Regional Product Strategy Leader drives commercial intensity to determine regional product / services / F&A (Features and Accessories) fit, identify new markets and ensure product compliance for regional needs.
As the Sub-Regional Product Strategy Leader, you will:
* Drive GPB (Growth Playbook) & ongoing strategic reviews
* Set price, performance, timing targets for regional solutions
* Support RL (Result Log) on collaboration with GGO (Global Growth and Operations) to ensure complete alignment on strategies
* Drive Commercial Intensity to determine Regional Product / Services fit & F&As
* Support region deal teams in defining needs for non-standard solutions / biz models
* Determine & ensure execution on localization plans
* Collaborate with sales to gain continual customer feedback
* Own regional solutions through its lifecycle (product launch, ITO (Inquiry to Order), OTR (Order To Remittance) & services)
* Determine the continual product & services pivots through the lifecycle
* Optimize landed costs & competitiveness for region specific solutions
* Own LCOE (level cost of energy) charts & update regularly
* Clear communication from larger teams / external world to Global PLL (Product Line Leader) and visa versa
* Identify new markets & strategy
* Determine business models for different regions
* Promote solutions in new market: identify & support strategic deals
* Identify M&A (mergers and acquisitions) plays to develop in the new markets
* Own product compliance and certification efforts for regional products
* Be the certificate expertise to drive efficient market entry & win new deals
* Identify, fulfill & track critical certification requirements
* Proactively educate the PLL team on regional permits & certificate requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the wind / power industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced Degree with applicable industry experience
* Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations
* Fluent in English
* Proven experience in face to face customer meetings
* Strong interpersonal, team building skills and customer focus
* Ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations
* Flexible travel schedule
* Practical understanding of current / new wind turbine technologies of GE and the competitive landscape
* Strong customer service mindset
* Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others
* Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.