At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. Our Claims Organization's vision is to be the most admired in the industry and among consumers by being purposeful, innovative, passionate, and customer-centric in everything we do. The Subrogation Adjuster
will evaluate legal liability and aggressively pursue, negotiate, and resolve subrogation collection.
Communicate with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, and underwriters to obtain/provide necessary information. Job Location
Warrick, RI Functional Responsibilities
- Works independently, evaluates legal liability and aggressively pursues, negotiates, and resolves subrogation collection.
- Secures additional information/investigation from referring office when on-site investigation is necessary.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, attorneys, and underwriters to obtain/provide the necessary information.
- Documents claim file to meet all company and state regulations.
- Resolves complaints, participates in arbitration and/or grievance procedures.
- Manages pending claim cases to meet company quality and production standards.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and recent applicable litigation.
- Reports the presence of fraud indicators.
- May provide guidance to lower level personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of Subrogation or related experience
- Knowledge of the Property and Casualty industry, products and coverages
- Strong understanding of Subrogation processes and appraising/adjusting concepts and procedures
- Licensed to adjust and/or appraise in assigned territory
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 08M