**Requisition ID:** 27331BR
**Job Title:** Internal Audit Intern - Summer 2017
**Division:** 2000: Republic Services, Inc.
**Location:** 04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
Republic Services’ internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to learn about our Company and various aspects of our industry and business. The Intern will gain valuable business experience by holding a position within a functional area (department) and by executing a project or series of tasks that improves or is related the function related to their courses of study or desired career paths. For example, the Intern will be responsible for completing specific tasks such as analyzing functional processes, identifying opportunities for improvement or growth, gathering and analyzing data, investigating and helping to resolve any data discrepancies, and/or preparing communications. The Intern will interact with various functional leaders to develop new skills and learn about the solid waste and environmental services industry. The Intern is supported throughout the internship by a mentor/coach who is not the direct supervisor. An experience review takes place for all internships during which the Intern presents the outcome of his/her project/tasks to leadership.
The Internal Audit intern will play a key role in the performance of SOX Key Control testing at the Corporate office in support of Republic’s annual SOX compliance. You will be assigned several Corporate process areas to test and, with the guidance of the Internal Audit Senior Manager, will perform all phases of testing for those processes (sample selection, testing, follow-up, and reporting of results,
• Performs assigned tasks in various functional areas to learn about the solid waste and environmental services industry and business operations.
• Analyzes data and/or potential issues and makes recommendations for potential solutions to management.
• Contributes to departmental goals and identifies improvement growth opportunities while participating in activities in functional areas such as Operations, Finance, Accounting, Maintenance, Sales or Administration.
• Performs analysis of data, information and research.
• Identifies and communicates potential issues related to assigned work.
• Executes and completes specific tasks and project deliverables identified by functional managers within the timeframe of the internship program. Creates documents and correspondence pertaining to project deliverables.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Active pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree focusing on Accounting
• Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Ability to write, create and assemble reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to work with multiple departments to help achieve goals and objectives.
• An interest in a career within the waste and environmental services industry.
• Ability to accept delegated responsibilities and follow through to completion.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.