Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Corporation is offering a unique opportunity to highly motivated individuals who thrive in a team-oriented and fast-paced work environment. If you're ready to learn about the financial services industry from the perspective of one of the world's leading financial institutions and have a strong work ethic, this is a fantastic way for you to start your career. As an intern at State Street, you'll find yourself tackling real business challenges that make an impact on our company.
The internship could take place in one of the following departments: Fund Accounting, Reconciliation, Derivatives Processing, and Securities Pricing. Responsibilities of these departments include:
• Calculate Net Asset Value (NAV)
• Attribute fund performance (fund return vs. index/benchmark return)
• Cash forecasting
• Income and trade processing for a variety of financial instruments including equities, fixed income, and derivatives
• Calculate and post capital stock for shareholder activity
• Security price cleansing and validation
• Risk mitigation through the research and resolution of reconciliation differences
• 10 week program from June to August
• Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
• Final project presented to management
• Dedicated "Go-To" State Street representative
• Networking and mentoring sessions with Senior Management
• Real-world financial industry experience
• Access to State Street University classes for professional and personal development
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and a candidate for graduation in December 2017 or calendar year 2018
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Business-related majors preferred
• Computer proficiency, including MS Excel; experience with advanced functions such as macros and VBA are a plus
• High level of ethical standards
• Work experience or extra-curricular activities are a plus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.