Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2018 in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
Student intern will work at Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Center for External Innovation (CEI). CEI’s mission is to license, acquire or collaborate with academic centers and biotechnology companies to create and develop ground-breaking new therapeutic treatment options for disease. Intern will be involved in all aspects of evaluation of external opportunities including assessing the scientific and commercial merits for new therapies. Additionally, the student will have the opportunity to observe deal teams as they pursue due diligence and negotiate transactions. Intern will be exposed to a variety of disciplines within R&D organization via 1:1 meetings with individuals.
Intern will complete a project centered around business development activities. Potential projects for intern include:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Facilitating assessment, enhancement and implementation of world-class knowledge management systems for CEI
- Collaborating with CEI and Research colleagues to establish processes and systems to track and manage strategic academic alliances globally
- Collaborating with CEI and R&D Communications colleagues to promote CEI’s messaging, outreach/networking activities and presence at important conferences and external events
- Preparing a competitive assessment of the treatment landscape for a given disease
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master’s degree; for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.