Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer MBA Intern in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. POSITION OBJECTIVES:
The goal of the 12- week internship is to provide the most comprehensible pharmaceutical product management experience possible through a variety of activities under the supervision of a global medical affairs leader at Takeda. At the completion of the internship, the intern should have a thorough understanding of medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Responsibilities of our interns will vary according to the individual project teams. Interns will act in the same capacity as an operations manager participating in project management activities, business unit meetings, and planning sessions.
- Each intern may be assigned a specific project that would be completed by the end of the internship and this would be in addition to routine activities designed to achieve the goal of a complete operations management experience. Due to the nature of Takeda's business and culture, interns are given projects that are challenging and necessary to our continued success as an organization. During the internship, interns will gain exposure to many of Takeda's business functions.
- Drive development of management controls and dashboards, including planning solutions to achieve identified objectives; interfacing with vendors, IT and Finance business partners; and influencing decision-making on projects.
- Conduct data analysis, present findings and recommendations, align collaboratively with different stakeholders, and design implementation plans to address and solve business problems.
- Drive innovation and improvement of processes and supporting tools, including for budgeting, to optimize efficiency and capabilities for strategic operational effectiveness initiatives.
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Graduate student pursuing an MBA with concentrations in marketing or other related disciplines
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Advanced
- MS Word - Advanced
- MS Excel - Advanced
- MS PowerPoint - Advanced
- Previous experience in marketing, sales, and/or market research preferred
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred but not necessary
- Superior communication skills: written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills - ability to gather, evaluate and interpret data to identify issues or opportunities
- Ability to organize and communicate with vendors
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet timelines
- Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Interested candidates should possess a strong desire to learn about the commercial side of the pharmaceutical business.
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- Local travel may be required based on business needs.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.