Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2018 in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities. Summer intern in Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology/Quantitative Solutions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Duties & responsibilities: The intern will be given a real-world translational (oncology) modeling problem to tackle with close guidance of Takeda modelers, clinical pharmacologists, biologists, and clinicians. Example problems include: what does our study drug (or combination of study drugs) do to the trajectories of tumor burden in human subjects? To biomarkers of safety and efficacy? Can we recommend an optimal dose and schedule combination based on the preclinical and clinical data we have gathered up to this point?
- Qualifications: the ideal candidate is a advanced undergraduate or graduate student in engineering or mathematics with a passion for biology, or vice-versa. MATLAB experience, understanding of ODE-based models, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are a plus.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook - Proficient
- MS Word - Proficient
- MS Excel - Proficient
- MS PowerPoint - Proficient
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate level student pursuing either a PharmD or Master’s degree; for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.