Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2018 in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Takeda's summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
The Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) Imaging
group is recruiting for a summer 2018 intern. The TREC-Imaging group supports drug discovery and development by designing, conducting and managing advanced imaging studies (e.g. MRI, CT, or PET) from early discovery through clinical trials. TREC-Imaging’s vision is driving innovation and decision making with Imaging to bring better medicines to patients, and its mission is strategic integration of impactful imaging biomarkers to address key questions in drug discovery and development.
The goals and activities of this internship can be tailored to the specific interests and strengths of the applicant. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Potential projects could include developing novel imaging methods to image animal models of disease or new clinical imaging biomarkers, or developing advanced image analysis methods for preclinical or clinical image data sets, or designing new approaches for modeling or machine learning of imaging data
- The position can support any and all of the image and data analysis functions in the Imaging Group.
- The successful applicant could be assigned various tasks in support of ongoing imaging projects. The person could be delegated tasks associated with developing tools/software for quantitative analysis of the imaging data in various modalities (such as PET, MRI, CT), routine analysis of imaging data, image processing, document writing, and PowerPoint presentations.
- The person will work closely with the imaging personnel to understand the business needs as well as gain experience in a pharmaceutical industry setting.
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a student pursing an advanced degree (e.g. MS, PhD, MD and/or DVM).
- Training in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine or Life Sciences is preferred.
- Experience in at least one of the following: medical image analysis, kinetic modeling, machine learning, classification, statistical learning/data analysis, image processing, animal imaging, radiology, compartmental modeling
- For imaging analysis projects - programming skills: working experience in MATLAB or C++ or Python or some high-level programming language would be helpful
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; they also possess the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.