Are you majoring in Health Care Management, Health Care Information Management, Finance, Business or Accounting with a GPA of 3.25 or higher? If so, Parallon has an excellent paid Summer Internship opportunity for you!
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide proven expertise and best practices for revenue cycle in hospitals and hospital systems. Our purpose is simple: We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Summer Interns at Parallon will assist our team with important projects, while learning about the hospital/healthcare revenue cycle from industry experts within our organization.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Program participants must complete scheduled training and/or project assignments.
• During the program, candidates will assist assigned members of management/leadership and work on division projects, as needed, to further enhance their management and technical skills.
• Candidates must participate in and meet the requirements of all applicable college/university program requirements to remain in the program.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and the "Mission and Value Statement."
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Candidate has demonstrated the ability to excel and out perform peers in an entry level position.
• Candidate is viewed by peers as an informal leader.
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experienced in databases.
• May require occasional travel for training and educational opportunities.
• May require long work hours and weekends.
• Conducts self in a professional, competent and ethical manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to present and sell new ideas and programs.
• Current enrollment in an accredited college/university with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
• Prefer majors listed in job description.
• Coursework, volunteer, and/or internship experience in healthcare, logistics and/or finance.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom