Discover Your Future in Shaping Healthcare Delivery
How would you like to be on the front lines of improving patients' lives and shaping healthcare delivery? At AmerisourceBergen®, our mission is to deliver innovative products and services that drive quality and efficiency in pharmaceutical care. We are currently building our intern team with individuals who share our mission and want to be part of the pharmaceutical services industry.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies, currently ranking 12 th
on the Fortune 500 and with over $146 billion dollars
in annual revenue. Our internship program offers a wide variety of experiences ranging from hands on experience within your business department, team projects, senior management meet and greets, and career counseling sessions to prepare you for your future. Position Description Summary:
Under general direction of the intern manager/mentor of AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group, the intern will assist with a variety of information technology specific job assignments and contributes to the completion of established projects and initiatives. Responsibilities:
Our Enterprise IT organization is working to provide transparency into our IT costs via service costing. To help us accomplish this evolution, the Technology Business Management office (TBM Office) under the IT finance organization is looking for an intern to help dig into IT costs, specifically mapping IT costs (such as labor, depreciation, maintenance, etc) to an ABC application (application defined as a use of a technology, system, or product).
As part of this mapping, the intern would be digging into IT costs helping to map these IT costs to an ABC application. It will require that the intern works with ABC IT associates to help identify IT costs to an ABC application. As part of this exercise, we will want to identify pain points and document our process to allow for streamline updates of our IT costs mapped to an ABC application during the course of a given year.
Program Dates: June 5th to August 11th (all opportunities in Frisco, Texas) Qualifications: Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must be a rising Senior
- Cost Accounting or Finance schedule/class background
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science with an emphasis in the Accounting or Finance studies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
We realize that cultivating talent is a cornerstone of our company's success and we want you to be part of our success.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.