DISCOVER YOUR FUTURE IN SHAPING HEALTHCARE DELIVERY
How would you like to be on the front lines of improving patients' lives and shaping healthcare delivery? At AmerisourceBergen®, our mission is to deliver innovative products and services that drive quality and efficiency in pharmaceutical care. We are currently building our intern team with individuals who share our mission and want to be part of the pharmaceutical services industry.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies, currently ranking 12 th
on the Fortune 500 and with over $146 billion dollars
in annual revenue. Our internship program offers a wide variety of experiences ranging from group projects, business case analysis, senior management meet and greets, and career counseling sessions to prepare you for your future. Position Description Summary:
Under general direction of the designated department manager, assists with a variety of job-specific assignments and contributes to the completion of established projects and initiatives.
The Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA) established requirements on compounding safety and security of pharmaceutical products. Title II of DQSA, known as the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) applies to us and mandates consistent traceability of pharmaceutical products through the national supply chain from manufacturers to pharmacies. The new federal law negates all state pedigree requirements, implementing a national standard for traceability, and places the industry under the purview of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
ICS is currently working through a 1 ½ year project to onboard each of our clients for 2017 DSCSA regulatory requirements. This intern would be working closely with IT, Account Management, Training, and Finance to work through a tailored implementation plan for each client.
Program dates: June 5 th , 2017 - August 11 th , 2017. Qualifications: Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must be a rising Senior
- Must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Strong knowledge in the MS Office package
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills