Discover Your Future in Shaping Healthcare Delivery
How would you like to be on the front lines of improving patients' lives and shaping healthcare delivery? At AmerisourceBergen®, our mission is to deliver innovative products and services that drive quality and efficiency in pharmaceutical care. We are currently building our intern team with individuals who share our mission and want to be part of the pharmaceutical services industry.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies, currently ranking 12 th
on the Fortune 500 and with over $146 billion dollars
in annual revenue. Our internship program offers a wide variety of experiences ranging from hands on experience within your business department, team projects, senior management meet and greets, and career counseling sessions to prepare you for your future. Position Description Summary:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the management of the Head of Customer Insight, this position will be responsible for performing various customer analyses and reporting duties, primarily supporting the Sales & Marketing functions of the organization.
- The role involves integrating financial, shipment, quality, and operational data in an insightful way to drive deep understanding of our customers and how to serve them and developing tools and processes to support efficient Sales and Marketing operations.
- Commercial Operations is a young team within World Courier, and innovates to drive exciting projects. There is something new every day and we have room to dream!
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with cross functional teams, have an interest in Sales & Marketing, and the drive to always think strategically.
- This position is an excellent introduction to industry, especially for roles within Commercial Operations, Sales, and Marketing. The Commercial Operations Team includes Strategy, Pricing, and Business Intelligence, and there will be opportunities to engage directly with senior leaders, especially World Courier's COO who leads the Commercial Operations team.
- Gathering and evaluating customer data on an ad-hoc and scheduled basis by utilizing World Courier and AmerisourceBergen systems, Excel, and SQL for external and internal reporting, preparing these findings for a senior and client audience.
- Collaborating with the business to standardize Customer Insight reporting (as described above) by working through stakeholder management and change management processes, and linking with the Business Intelligence team.
- Producing and distributing customer dashboards that present customer financials, performance status, and other data, either via Excel or Business Intelligence IT solution.
- Driving forward new customer analytics and exploring new ways of using data to push better customer and business results. For example, customer segmentation, customer benchmarking, clinical trial pipeline analytics, etc.
Program Dates: June 5th to August 11th. Qualifications: Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must be a rising Senior or Graduate Student
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Business Administration preferred
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in SQL a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a willingness to engage with many stakeholders.
- Confidence to question and challenge colleagues respectfully, in order to arrive at the best outcome for the business.
We realize that cultivating talent is a cornerstone of our company's success and we want you to be part of our success.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.