Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community. Job Summary
Accelerate your nursing career by joining our Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN) program! We invite new graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to be given didactic and clinical training in multiple units at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center depending on needs of the facility.
In our StaRN program, you will receive the education and support necessary to develop the judgment, skill and knowledge you will need to become the highest caliber nurse. During the StaRN program, you will work with instructors to complete class assignments, skills training, exercises and relevant testing. Then, you will work with your preceptor during the preceptorship that follows and have the opportunity to be receive mentoring by the best, most highly educated and trained nurses within our facilities.
First 8 weeks: Monday-Friday, Days, with intermittent home study days.
*Didactic and Simulation training provided.
Remainder of the program: Facility Preceptorship in the unit you are hired to: 3 - 12 hours shifts, Rotating ShiftsQualifications: NOTE:
Please make sure that you complete the online survey to avoid delays. Qualifications:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- This is for graduates within the previous 12 months who do not have any acute care experience.
- Independently maintains license
- Acquires required contact hours to maintain license
- Applicants may apply for the program prior to passing the NCLEX exam
- Training will include BLS/ACLS certification
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Acceptance into the program requires a two-year commitment to Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom