Team Xbox is looking for a Supervising Producer to oversee original live-stream events. The Supervising Producer will help lead strategy, execution and creative direction for high-production-quality broadcasts across the Xbox portfolio, including launch events for major franchises, high-profile industry events, platform milestones and original programming.
From concept to completion, the Supervising Producer will collaborate and work closely with the director of programming, executives, developers, business and technical teams, and marketing partners to execute large-scale fan-engagement Live shows that celebrates our growing fan base. The Supervising Producer will also lead the charge on developing a strategy that brings consistency across live event programming. They will bring a diverse games and platform portfolio together into a cohesive programming strategy that meets both the needs and rhythm of the content and the expectations of our fans. Storytelling mediums will include live, linear, documentary, behind-the-scenes vignettes, animation, and more. The Supervising Producer will also create and maintain budgets, production schedules, manage large-scale production crews, and build repeatable processes for distribution, promotion, marketing and approvals. Likewise, they will also create and present pitch decks, rundowns, scripts and have post-production responsibilities.
The ideal candidate bursts out of bed in the morning, throws off their Xbox Onesie, drinks their morning brew from a home-made DIY Master Chief helmet mug and has an unyielding passion for the gaming industry and a deep respect for gamers of all backgrounds.
• Lead strategy, development and execution of live broadcast events for Team Xbox.
• Grow engagement across Xbox services, enhance the overall content offering and develop solutions that can scale appropriate to the content.
• Establish and maintain consistent processes for live events that are repeatable across franchises and platforms.
• Innovate on live storytelling methods with a focus on interactivity and digital audience participation.
• Manage vendors and external production companies to deliver creative, high-quality and efficient solutions.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key Microsoft partners, both internal and external.
• Provide thought-leadership for the state of the live-streaming landscape, including trends in content creators, game developers/publishers, innovations in streaming technology and plaftorms, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of Broadcast or Cable Live event production experience required
• 5+ years’ experience in the videogame industry
• Strong leadership, creative communication, and project management skills
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Deep knowledge, understanding and experience in video storytelling in the videogame industry.
• Ability to identify and rationalise the range of success metrics that matter most to constituent stakeholders
• Rock solid production management skills including the ability to execute productions from treatment to delivery
• Successfully work within tight schedules and budgets
• BA/BS in media-related discipline preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.