Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position reviews and provides oversight of the reconciliation of foreign and USD cash for Derivative Cash Settlements group in the Investments department. This also includes processing accounting as it relates to MetLife Inc.’s investments in derivatives and other complex financial instruments for daily settlements. On a monthly basis, the position is responsible for booking GAAP entries as part of the close process, as well as reconciling accounts to the ledger. On a quarterly basis, the position prepares files and tables used in GAAP footnotes.
- Perform financial reconciliations for all regions which includes Americas, EMEA, and Asia for Dodd Frank Cleared Trades, Futures, Collateral Service Agreements in all currencies. Requesting of FX Buys/Sells, Clearing Foreign Cash in USD reconciliation, reporting and performing accounting duties necessary to resolve reconciliation issues.
- The position is responsible for the review of daily, monthly, and quarterly reconciliations related to collateral (OTC and Futures) as well as processing monthly entries for GAAP reporting.
- Work with Data Integrity team to reconcile daily payable/receivable.
- Provide insight and guidance on proposed and futures regulations, such as Dodd-Frank, in terms of Derivatives Cash treatment and compliance.
- Complete audit requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Run reports and queries to track current open items and identify issues.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Math is required. Advanced Degree is Preferred
- 7-10 years of Accounting experience (in a supporting or lead role)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements, including balance sheet and income statements.
- Experience with Derivative financial instruments is not a requirement, but is a big plus.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills are necessary and knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus
- Familiarity with Frontier, BI Publisher, PeopleSoft (MetLife’s Corporate Ledger software), including, PS Query.
Derivative Accounting & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.