Administrative House Supervisor
Full Time Day Position
Under limited administrative direction, provides clinical resources to patient care units .
• Provides and directs clinical resources for patient care units based on Bed Management priorities and at the discretion of the Clinical Coordinator.
• Provides transfer and admissions assessments for patients moving from one level of care to another. Facilitates discharge of patients that are ready to depart.
• Assists in the assessment of clinical situations and performing the transfer of critical patients to Critical Care units when necessary.
• Assists in procedures for patients with complex health problems. Assists families and patient care teams during health crisis situations.
• As delegated, assists in resolving family/patient complaints and addressing improvements in behavior of staff, residents or physicians.
• Performs administrative duties as assigned. Provides nursing leadership in emergency situations and/or patient code situations until relieved by another qualified or designated leader.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience: Three (3) years experience as a supervisor or charge nurse. Or may substitute a Master's Degree in Nursing for one (1) year of the required experience.
Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse. ACLS and PALS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of nursing theory, standards of nursing care, practices, techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of hospital organization, nursing administration, personnel management, local policies and procedures and regulations of accreditation agencies.
• Knowledge of principles and methods of supervision.
• Skill in administering effective nursing care and other advanced nursing care.
• Ability to provide leadership in challenging and/or unfamiliar circumstances.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with medical staff.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom