What you will do:
The Commercial Area Operations Support Team Manager is a vital member of the Area front line management team. This position manages the admin/coordination support infrastructure that supports the daily operations of the Commercial organization within a defined area. This includes managing the supply chain system/personnel and all other admin/coordination activities/ personnel assigned within the area. This position will take the lead on ensuring that there is compliance and consistency within their area around prescribed financial, human resources (HR), and safety policies, programs and practices. How you will do it:
What we look for: Education:
- Manage and direct all admin/coordination and supply chain personnel; including hiring, separations, evaluating, training and motivating staff. Ensure that there is adequate staffing to cover the functional areas as well as adequate segregation of duties and internal controls in place.
- Manage the workflow processes in the individual branch offices to maximize efficiency. Monitor, measure, and seek to improve throughput to ensure maximum productivity, as well as, to ensure the quality of all data/information within the Branch.
- Supply chain activities: Manage, analyze, and process the timely and cost effective ordering, receipt, stocking, and shipping of branch inventory that will maximize inventory turnover while always meeting customer demand. Maintains the integrity of supply chain functions by training all branch personnel on the required inputs and outputs of the supply chain process. Manage adequate field inventory levels based on national/regional objectives. Ensure compliance to inventory policies/procedures. Resolve escalated issues related to the warehouse, equipment and/or supply inventory.
- Finance activities: Ensure the integrity of administrative and internal accounting controls; including Sarbanes-Oxley (S-Ox) control points. Ensure the accuracy of Branch originated transactions and effectiveness of Branch transactional processing streams. Track results of key financial and operating indicators for Area. Oversee and assist with the efficient processing of orders, billing, billing adjustments, payroll/job costing, Accounts Payables (AP), Accounts Receivables (AR), collections, cash processing and expenses.
- HR activities: Manage the coordination of HR processes such as on-boarding and off-boarding of employees, payroll processing, employee HRIM record updating, annual DMV checks, Leave of Absence (LOA)/ Workers Compensation (WC) processes and the maintenance of all confidential personnel records. Ensure compliance with record keeping requirements for affirmative action, OSHA, HIPAA, payroll, etc. Assist Regional HR Team with the roll-out and administration of HR initiatives and programs.
- Safety activities: Manage and ensure compliance with all corporate regulated safety policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Fleet program activities: Manage the coordination of the vehicle fleet including reporting, ordering, returning and repairing.
- Manage office infrastructure (e.g., building, facilities repair and maintenance, phone system, office equipment installation and maintenance, to include copiers, PCs, printers, fax, mail machines, etc.).
- Ensure branch compliance around local, state, municipal and/or federal compliance with permitting and licensing regulations.
- College degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field of discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years business experience with a diverse background in Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Operations and /or Administration.
- Candidate must have 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer candidate with a strong background in finance/accounting.
- Managerial/leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills - Including knowledge of MS Office environment and internal
- Tyco Integrated Security systems (Oracle,Admin,Carms, IBT)
Who we are:
- Must be able to travel to various branch offices within a defined area on a regular basis. Travel 60% of the time.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.