Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Successful candidate may work out of any of the following offices where IS Leadership is onsite: Denver, CO (Inverness or Mile High); St. Paul, MN; Livermore, CA; Portland, OR; Everett WA; Houston TX
Responsible for leading the West Division IS Bill Simplification team. The team is responsible for implementing, testing and validating all aspects of the New Xfinity Statement and will be responsible for the ongoing daily validation and cycle releases, ensuring accuracy of customers' statements. Supervisor manages the workload and supports the team, ensures consistent customer service, adherence to national and division standards to prevent adverse impacts to customers and revenue. Responsible for staff coaching, training and development planning. Acts as liaison between Division, HQ and billing vendor business partners. Designs, develops, maintains, and utilizes external databases for requests that cannot be accomplished through the billing system.. Assists with short and long range planning, including the development of employees. Builds strong relationships with staff and cross-functional partners.
- Effectively communicates
- Leads a virtual team supporting business objectives
- Develops and supports short term plans
- Helps with development and implementation of processes
- Facilitates projects of all sizes using basic project management techniques
- Manages the staff to ensure consistent customer service and goals are met
- Allocates resources for all work tasks
- Responsible for hiring decisions, bi-annual performance ratings, and quarterly skillset reviews
- Coaches and develops staff, documenting sessions
- Monitor and coach using measurements and metrics
- Ensures staff complies with company/department policy and procedures
- Ensures root cause analysis and documentation is created for business impacting errors
- Motivates staff to improve productivity
- Holds staff to high level quality with the execution of work
- Resolves conflict between parties, if they arise
- Conducts regular 1:1 sessions with direct reports
- Hosts weekly staff meetings
- Supports on-call rotation with other IS Supervisors and Lead Analysts
- Manages absence requests within company guidelines
- Applies extensive knowledge of billing systems database to ensure Amdocs application software upgrade/support and billing statement requirements.
- Represents and serves as a point person for billing department in project planning meetings.
- Trains and provides guidance in how IS and all other departments utilize Amdocs software processes.
- Studies and evaluates existing workflow of the department and makes recommendations to help improve processes.
- Evaluates and develops strategies for existing personnel to increase their knowledge.
- Implements the process of testing proceedings for new and modified applications/software enhancements to the billing system.
- Monitors all data output to assure validity to the user, as well as maintain integrity of the database.
- Provides timely written and verbal communication on updates of projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Computer Science, Information Sciences/Technology
Years of Experience-Generally requires 5+ years related experience
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Previous business travel experience preferred
- Experience with virtual teams preferred
- Travel up to 15%
- CSG/ACSR experience
- Einstein experience
- Advanced Excel
- Advanced Access
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning, late nights, and weekends
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Highly developed data analysis skills, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, high energy and able to work in constantly changing and often stressful environment.
- Knowledge of Database Technologies (Oracle/SQL Server), familiarity with varies programming languages (C#, VB) and working within the Integrated Development Environment of Visual Studio (SSIS, SSRS, asp.net, etc.) is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer