Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a newly formed entity within the Altice NV global family of companies. Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life. Responsibilities BASIC FUNCTION Supervises the day-to-day construction, activation and maintenance performed by the Construction technicians and Contract labor. Ensures that all cable plant (aerial, underground, multiple dwelling units, joint trench, drop and pre/post wire) meets or exceeds all company standards as it relates to POC, state and federal requirements. Plans and coordinates all construction related activities for special projects. Supervise contractor labor ensures that all work performed is in compliance with OSHA, National Safety Code (NESC), National Electric (NEC), Blue Book, SCTE Construction and Fiber Manuals, Building Code Administration Officials (BOCA) and American Railway Association (AREMA). Supervises in such a way to demonstrate values and assures that all policies and procedures are constantly adhered to. Ensures that all activity strives to meet and or exceed the service level agreements and our customer satisfaction goal. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the technicians. Plan, distribute and oversees daily work activities. Monitors jobs and identifies training and development needs for technicians. Provides on-the-job coaching to help improve individual technician performance and provides training to the team, e.g., updates on new equipment or revised work procedures. Provides input to manager concerning technician's performance, training needs, disciplinary actions, promotions, etc. Handles various employee issues. Prepares required documentation including annual performance reviews.
- Plans and oversees projects, GA/Municipal/Schools, such as fiber and coaxial builds for all extensions and business telephone sites, BCOOL, multiple dwelling units, commercial projects, special projects and all new builds, including overseeing contractor activity. Completes all system maintenance, related to construction in a timely manner. Ensures capital projects are completed in a timely manner within budget. Prepares necessary reports, e.g., new activation certification, CLI, Homes released, PAR's, and KOM's.
- Maintain database ticket updates in ETS (Engineering Tracking System) to keep various departments informed on project status.
- Supervise WiFi deployments projects including but not limited to support in site surveying, design, installation and testing of location based wireless deployments.
- Oversee various construction tasks at and along Railroad Mass Transit properties and facilities including knowledge of WiFi architecture and deployment. Includes but is not limited to knowledge of specific Railroad construction practices and procedures as well as completion of Railroad specific safety training and adherence to such.
- Supervise various FTTH (Fiber to the Home) projects including project analysis as well as the determination and validation of customer driven objectives.
- Oversee Node Split projects for customer growth. Includes coordination of various departments involved and Node activation in the field.
- Facilitate Third-Party Damage Claim investigations and reporting.
- Responsible to ensure the plant meets the specifications of the Blue Book construction manual, NESC, NEC, SCTE Construction, AREMA and Fiber manuals, BOCA and local utility practices and other applicable regulations.
- Monitor reports for control of activities, schedules and costs. Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends.
- Ensure compliance with department Service Level Agreement (SLA) in an effort to achieve company performance objectives.
- Supervise Contractor labor to company SLA and ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Act as a Liaison between various municipalities, government agencies, public schools, construction companies and local Utility Operators. Work with the various Utility Operators to ensure pole lease compliance and oversee all rights of way.
- Ensures that contract labor & other monthly budgetary expectations are met
- Manage, review and comply with ACP process with various departments. Includes research to determine plant and customer impact.
- Has advanced knowledge of all safety practices and procedures and ensures they are followed. Conducts daily safety observations and performs tool, equipment and truck inspections. Ensures that all work related equipment is available and properly maintained, and that all construction activities within the area of responsibility complies with all OSHA, NEC, NESC, BOCA, FCC Maximum Permissible Exposure (CV Procedures) and company safety rules and regulations
- Interfaces with other Altice USA departments; Coordinate with various supervisors or managers, e.g., to plan activities associated with system builds, restorations or maintenance.
- Acts as liaison between builders, electrical contractors, construction companies' and ATS Represents ATS at examinations before trial. Meets with various state agencies or town official to discuss job specifications.
- Performs additional duties as required by the construction area manager. Required to work standby and storm duty as needed as well required mandatory response to field related fiber outages.
- Coordinate all Commercial Insertion tasks, events and projects with the various ISP Directors and Managers.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of the department, is directly involved with and exercises independent judgment with respect to the following:
- Interviews candidates for open positions and makes recommendations for hire, rehire, or promotions.
- Reviews and approves employee schedules, which includes requested time off and ensures sufficient staffing levels through scheduling and assignment of overtime as needed.
- Coaches and counsels employees in the area of conflict resolution with internal and external customers.
- Makes initial determination regarding whether an employee under his/her direction and control should be counseled and/or disciplined and makes recommendations as to the nature of the discipline regarding the same, including the issues of corrective actions and Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Assigns work to employees based on the specific skills, training, experience and availability of the individuals under his/her direction and control and ultimately is responsible for the completion of said assignments.
- Assesses, prioritizes and alters work assignments of direct reports on a day-to-day basis as operational needs require.
- As needed, conduct periodic meetings with direct reports to provide: training on proper techniques, services, and monthly progress reports.
- Prepares, conducts, or gives input to performance evaluations for employees under his/her direction which is considered by the Company in determining annual merit increases.
- As needed, makes recommendations for termination based on employee's performance and/or behavior.
The construction supervisor is responsible for the maintenance, all construction of the broadband network, as well as implement and adhere to defined preventive maintenance programs. This position serves as the conduit for the delivery of all products such as Video, HSD, VOIP and WiFi to the customer. QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years related Telecommunication construction experience required.
- Have knowledge of construction practices (utility and civil construction industries). Have a detailed understanding of applicable rules, codes, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of WiFi product, equipment, design, installation and testing
- Have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, ETS, OSP, Remedy, AutoCAD, Visio and GroupWise).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. Have the ability to make decisions under pressure and perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Have the ability to use good judgment and objectively assess a situation.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others. Be able to coach and assist technicians in developing skills to meet standards.
- Have good written skills, including being able to compose memos, e-mail, letters and prepare required documentation. Have good verbal skills, including being able to clearly express ideas and present information to small groups.
- Have the ability to remain calm and diffuse stressful situations.
- Have good administrative skills, including planning and organizing work, effectively managing time and delegating jobs and monitoring work.
- Be able to foster positive relationships with supervisors and managers in other departments.
- Have a valid Class B or greater commercial driver's license, (CDL) where applicable.
- Ability to work in flexible schedule, including weekends, nights, overtime, emergency storm duty and stand-by as needed.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.