Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain quality CT images
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines. Operates CT equipment safely.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations
- Render patient care in a professional and courteous manner
- Prepare CT scanner and perform quality control tests.
- 6 Assist the radiologist in administering medications, contrast agents, performing biopsies and all types of care to the patient.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy on all images
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist in additional duties
- Manages staffing levels appropriate with patient volume
Additional information about the department:
- Assures guidance, orientation, and training of technical staff
The Radiology Department at Chippenham Hospital provides high quality diagnostic services. Staffed by a board certified radiologist and highly qualified, credentialed technical staff, the department provides a complete line of specialty services to the community and the physicians in the Richmond Area.
• Diagnostic X-Ray
• Nuclear Medicine
• Digital Mammography (Breast)
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
• Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)Qualifications: EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED: Three years minimum experience as a CT technologist.
PREFERRED: One year of supervisory experience preferred.EDUCATION
REQUIRED: Graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology. Responsible for continuing education credits as mandated by the ARRT for licensure.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required or Preferred)
American Registry of Radiologic Technology (required)
ARRT - CT Technology (preferred)
American Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
Virginia Society of Radiologic Technology (preferred)
IV certification (required)
Current CPR certification (required) Work schedule: Mon - Fri 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom